Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Best Way of Life

“Now I will show you the best way of all – THE BEST WAY OF LIFE!”

I may be able to speak with a golden tongue and eloquence that moves multitudes.
My words may flow from my lips as though they were angelic.

Loveless?

Such eloquence and marvels are nothing more than blaring brass or crashing cymbals.
I may be able to foretell the future with precision.
My mind may be filled with all human knowledge, even the very secrets of God.
My faith may be so perfected that I can move mountains.

All of this!

Without love, it amounts to nothing whatsoever …
If I give away all that I possess or even die in the excruciating flames of martyrdom …
Such sacrifice!

Without love achieves for me precisely nothing.

Whatever your claim to superiority

… n o l o v e …

empty rhetoric!
Ref. 1st Letter from Saul of Tarsus, AKA "Paul," to 1st Century Christians in Corinth

No comments: